Monday, November 26, 2012

First Post, the Basics in your Kitchen

Hi, I would just like to welcome everyone to this blog. Since last summer I have been cooking for myself while i lived on my own. I discovered over the summer how much I actually love cooking. I love how I can take the individual ingredients to create something different. That feeling of completion and of accomplishment I felt after making a delicious dish is something enjoy and want to share. So with that in mind I want to take you guys through my cooking experience one discovery at a time. To start us off here is a list of what I feel are kitchen essentials.

Santoku Knife


First and foremost you need a good knife. With this you can start off chopping vegetables, fruit, cheese, meat, etc. This is an excellent tool for starting your cooking adventure. In the future you can buy a food processor and other kinds of cutting tools to make your life easier, but for now the Santoku knife fits the bill. Be sure to grab a good cutting board as well.

Pot
You need a pot with a lid. It is important to have the lid because you can use it to strain noodles. The lid also allows you to make rice as well! I would say having 2 pots total is definitely necessary. One to cook noodles, and the other to heat the sauce. Or rice and whatever you want to top it with.

  Pan
This can be used to make breakfast, cook burgers, sauces, grilled cheese, chicken, eggplant, etc.! One pan should really be all you need!

Some would place a set of measuring cups and spoons here, but I actually dont use them. I will approximate how much of an ingredient I put into my dish to tell you all about how much to use

Other small things will help, a big stirring spoon, butter knife, can opener, and such are good to have as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment