Monday, December 10, 2012

Dr. Pizza

When I was at a friends house one time her dad told me how he made his pizzas. He would take a store bought pizza, like a $3 pepperoni pizza, and add ingredients on top of the pizza effectively doctoring it. Since then I have always spruced up my pizza with little zing, a little something extra. This turns my normal pizza into something special like what one would order from an actual pizza place. So here is how this works.

Ingredients:
Frozen Pizza
Green Bell Pepper
Roma Tomatoes
Sweet Yellow Onion
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Oregano
Basil

Prep
So I like to chop the tomatoes into big chunks, about the same size as on the quesadilla. I tried whole tomatoes once but it didn't turn out as planned...they were like the pepperoni's...but much worse...

Then I like to put on onion and green pepper slices. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the onions :(
Shhh...I'm not reusing pictures, I swear.
So I preheat the oven to the requested 425F and put on the pizza toppings.

After this I shake on the oregano and then take a pinch of basil sprinkled over the pizza. I finally top it off with some nice Parmesan and mozzarella. And throw it in there for 15 to 20 minutes.

And there you have it. Might have well been delivered...and only cost me like 5 bucks total. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment