Sunday, December 30, 2012

Portabella Patties done easy

Sometimes you just don't have the time, or just simply aren't in the mood to prepare a meal. Just like everyone else there are days when I get home and have absolutely no interest in getting out my knife and cutting board, chopping up the ingredients, and making something to eat. So to avoid this I have a few things sitting in the freezer that I prepared previously. This one is portabella mushroom burgers.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
2 large portabella mushroom caps
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Prep:

So to start I get two large portabella mushroom caps. I have found that two caps is just about the perfect amount of mushrooms for one pound of ground beef. I first dice the mushrooms up. This time i used my food processor to save on work, unfortunately I just about turned the mushrooms into a puree. I just need to find the correct sized pieced of mushroom and settings on my food processor to get proper dicing.
Mushroom puree :(
I then throw on my mix of spices. While making this recipe I really did not have many options for spices. In the future I hope to have more to experiment with as the original portabella patty recipe calls for thyme and onion powder, both of which I had to make do without. After putting on the spices I combined it all together.

Look at all those spices
Doesn't that look appealing
After combining it all together I formed it into individual patties. I have noticed that I prefer my patties on the slightly smaller side, so I made six of them. If you want them bigger then by all means make only four or five patties. After making them wrap in aluminum foil and store in the freezer for that rainy day.
Six in the freezer :) (dont look at all the pizza I have stored away)

When I want to eat one I just heat up a pan on medium heat and start grilling away. I recommend serving on a garlic and butter toasted bun with grilled onions and cheddar cheese (which I'll post another day).

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment